Whether this is a real ‘day’ or not, doesn’t matter. It’s the saucy sentiment that caught my eye. Here’s to all of my girlfriends, ‘old’ in terms of length of our relationship and ‘new’, because we’re just starting on our journey to longevity of relationship – I salute you and share my gratitude with you for being my friend.
Thought for Today: I am only as strong as the coffee I drink and the friends that I have.
1. We can multi-task.
2. We don’t get lost as often because we read maps, print Google directions or ask for help.
3. It’s not a big deal to put the well-being of others before ours.
4. They say they love you to their friends, they warn them about ‘bad boyfriends’ and are always available when scary stuff is happening.
5. No fashion faux pas we make could ever rival the Speedo.
6. We don ‘t have to pass gas to amuse ourselves.
7. It feels good to stay up late baking cupcakes for the bake sale.
8. We can congratulate our teammate without ever touching her rear end.
9. We never have to reach down every so often to make sure our privates are still there.
10. We have the ability to ‘share’, weep, hug and have fun in public without being drunk.
11. We can talk to someone of the opposite sex without having to picture them naked.
12. If we marry someone 20 years younger, we are aware that people will question our judgment.
13. We will never regret piercing our ears.
14. There are times when chocolate really can solve all your problems.
15. We can make comments about how silly men are in their presence because they aren’t listening anyway.
16. Women don’t do ‘comb-overs’ or toupes that look like abandoned animals – we can always wear a tasteful wig or blame our hairdressers for ‘trying something new’ with our coif.
17. We can drink too much wine and get silly, take off our shoes and dance with our friends without feeling self-conscious.